Makoto Shinkai

1:53 PM Alexie Calderon 2 Comments

(click on photo for better resolution)
Makoto Shinkai is Japanese director of anime and former graphic designer. He traces his passion for creation to the manga, anime, and novels he was exposed to while in middle school.
Shinkai has been called,"The New Miyazaki" in several reviews but he himself has admitted that this is just an overestimation.

His favourite anime is Castle In The Sky by none other than, Hayao Miyazaki. He respects him a lot more than you think.


Japan during Spring is breath-taking.



*inner fangirl screams* As you can see, Makoto Shinkai is crazy when it comes to portraying the sceneries in his movies; how does this man see places in such a beautiful light?! take him to Singapore! I am more than curious to know his perspective on this country. Personally, when I watched his movies for the first time I immediately fell in love with the amount of detail he puts into his sceneries, I was in awe at how he turned a simple, dull- probably even cold,- train station into a place where I wish I could meet my Prince Charming and live happily ever after.
Totally off topic but seriously, would it be humane to force Makoto Shinkai to sit at the MRT Station for hours just to witness his take on how SG MRT Stations look like to him?





DO. YOU. SEE. THAT. HIGH. QUALITY. RESOLUTION. ART.
Although, this movie isn't a favourite of mine (plot wise), it still has its amazing scenery as always. 



The two screenshots above are from a recent commercial, it's school related too! but have you ever seen a commercial with breath-taking detail? Yes. Have you ever watched a commercial that is effective and actually, make you WANT to study? Yes.

Only Makoto Shinkai can influence me this way.

(at this point I think you can tell he is my FAVOURITE animator, director, person...etc)

I can go on and on about this amazing man but I might end up into irrelevant rambles on how much I love this man and his works. I just absolutely love how it's raining, it's spring etc. that even despite dull places or gloomy weather, Makoto Shinkai still finds beauty in all of that. He upgrades them and pushes me to imagine, to see, the beauty in them too. 

Thank you for reading :) 






2 comments: